Nintendo has outlined its plans for the E3 2019 video game trade show, which takes place 11th – 13th June at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The weekend before the show includes two competitions featuring top players of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Splatoon 2 from around the world. Returning activities during the week include a Nintendo Direct presentation in the evening of Tuesday 11th June, and Nintendo Treehouse: Live, a daily live stream from E3 featuring live gameplay and in-depth analysis of games featured at E3. Nintendo will feature many playable Nintendo Switch games at its booth.
Some of Nintendo’s activities at E3 2019 include:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Splatoon 2 Tournaments
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate European Smash Ball Team Cup grand final
- Splatoon 2 Finals
More importantly from our point of view, there will also be a Nintendo Direct at E3 2019. The presentation will begin at 07:00 UK on 11th June. The presentation, which focuses entirely on Nintendo software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019.
Nintendo Treehouse: Live will also return. This live stream hosted by Nintendo of America’s Treehouse staff right from Nintendo’s E3 booth returns to give viewers a deeper look into select games.
Here’s what E3 looks like so far (with UK times)
- Microsoft: June 9 at 9.00 pm UK
- Bethesda Softworks: June 10 at 01:00 am UK
- PC Gaming Show: June 10 at 18:00 pm
- Limited Run Games: June 10 at 20:00 pm UK
- Ubisoft: June 10 at 21:00 pm UK
- Kinda Funny Games Showcase: June 11 at 12.30 am UK
- Square Enix: June 11 at 01:00 am UK
- Nintendo Direct: June 11 at 17:00 pm UK